Rotary machining is intended for obtaining the polysurfaces of the parts such as turbine blades, shoulder blades, screws as well as the details like camshafts and crankshafts. It has widespread application in the Aircraft, Automobile, Petroleum and Gas Industry and also in the process of manufacturing of decorative figures and other complex parts.
SprutCAM has a wide range of parameters for the rotary machining operation and enables to get all the types of the parts listed above taking into account the specific characters of the production works and availability of the equipment (numerical control milling machines with the capability of three-axis operation and having at least one continuous rotation axis or the turn-milling machines with the power-driven tool).
Main technological parameters of the operation:
- Calculation of the path with the use of the rough cuts
- Spiral, linear or circular path generation
- Calculation of the tool contact point with an account of the defined position of the tool axis – normally to the surface in every point, normally to the rotation axis.
- Definition of the deflection angle from the selected type of the position of the tool axis normal
- Generation of the tool path of both the groups of surfaces and separate surfaces and elements, as well as the entire part.